by Tanner Wisniewski
Are you dreaming of a great spring break but worried about the cost? Don’t let your budget stand in the way of a fun and memorable spring break!
Spring break is meant to be a time for students to relax and enjoy time away from their studies, but for many, it can be a costly endeavor. Not everyone can afford to rent a condo in Cabo or relax on a beach in Bora Bora. However, with a bit of creativity and planning, it is possible to have a great spring break on a budget.
For those looking to stay close to home, many activities can be enjoyed without breaking the bank, including local parks, museums, and many other attractions.
- Buffalo Museum of Science, the museum hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday to Sunday. Walk-up tickets cost $18, and online tickets are $26. The Museum is excited to announce its new event, ‘Reinventing Reality,’ which explores the science, creativity, and innovation behind one of the fastest-evolving technologies, virtual reality, and how it is transforming the way we see and interact with the world.
- Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens: The Botanical Gardens, located at the entrance of Buffalo’s South Park, is a national historic site, an education center, and a popular tourist destination featuring an array of “exotic horticulture treasures.” Comprised of three stunning glass domes and nine greenhouses, this lovely conservatory sits on 11.4 acres of land and is open year-round for visitors to enjoy. E-Tickets are 15.50 for Adults and 14 for Students with a valid school ID. Walk-ins are subject to availability and may be turned away.
- Local Parks include Niagara Falls State Park, Whirlpool State Park, Delaware Park, Tiff Nature Preserve, and many more!
For those looking to travel further afield, there are plenty of ways to save money. Booking flights and hotels in advance can often result in significant savings. For those who didn’t plan ahead, or flying is just too expensive, day trips are a great alternative. Taking a day trip to a nearby city or town can also be a great way to explore a new place without spending too much. Additionally, many cities offer free or discounted attractions, such as walking tours, which can be a great way to explore a new place without spending too much.
- Pittsburg is about a 5-hour drive from buffalo and a great city to explore with many things to do. This includes the Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium, Phipps Conservatory, Randy Land, as well as many free parks with great overlooks of the city.
- Toronto is about a 2-hour drive from buffalo, and it’s a vibrant city with plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Some of the top things to do in Toronto are CN Tower, the Royal Ontario Museum, Shop at St. Lawrence Market, Explore the Harbor front, and The Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada.
Remember, a fulfilling spring break doesn’t have to be costly. Spending quality time with loved ones, venturing into the great outdoors, or simply taking a break from the routine can be just as gratifying as a pricey vacation. Whether you choose to explore new places or relax at home, there are plenty of ways to enjoy spring break without overspending. With a little imagination and foresight, you can create an unforgettable and wallet-friendly spring break experience that fits your budget and leaves you with cherished memories.